Monday, May 12, 2014

Tokyo Bubble Tea x Honeybee: Sakura Season


I love cherry blossom flowers. I've picked those flowers from their trees in theme parks and taken them home, the hardcore delinquent that I am. I've thought them pretty ever since I learned of their existence, so isn't it natural for kleptomania to brainwash my superego when I catch sight of them? Hah, just kidding. But no, seriously, they're one of my favorite flowers (and I have picked a bunch of cherry blossoms from their trees on a few occasions haha); how I wish these sakura trees could thrive in tropical countries like the Philippines—although, thanks to Tokyo Bubble Tea, it was made possible for us to celebrate the sakura season here!

In celebration of Japan's blooming cherry blossoms of April, Tokyo Bubble Tea, along with Honeybee Patisserie & Cafe, held a blogger's event which I attended with my sisters. They created their own line of sakura-inspired drinks and holy cheese, let me tell you all about it.

My sister Alyssa, me, and my sister Via
It was held in the Katipunan branch, and the interiors were beautiful! They were decorated for the season, oriental style lanterns with painted-on sakura trees hung from the ceiling, everything was pretty and pink, and there was even a sakura tree!



Pretty as they were, the decor was not the highlight of the night—it was the food and drink!
First off, the truffled salad with blue cheese. Considering my dislike of vegetables, you could say I'm not really a salad person, but this one was tasty, and I liked it a lot, surprisingly!


For the pasta we had fettuccine in mango alfredo with chicken and garlic, and this I totally recommend you trying. This was my favorite among all the others! I swear I'm going back to Honeybee just for this. The taste of mango in pasta might sound a bit strange to you, but trust me, it tastes awesome.


This is the honeybee croque madame! I know what you're thinking, that's a damn huge slice of bread. They told us that they make their own bread, which explains the size, and which I think is cool because other restaurants don't even bother making their own, and because of this Honeybee could have better quality control, probs. This was also delicious but definitely something you have to share with someone because it's really big okay hahaha. It's similar to the bread of Cafe Shibuya's, and since that restaurant prides itself as having great quality bread, you go Honeybee!



The next meals were the roast beef and the old manila tapsilog. Great for breakfast, with the eggs and the fried rice. But compared to the other food served, these weren't on the top of my list!





Dessert—my favorite part of breakfast, lunch, and dinner! They had the sakura mango roll which was not only pretty but also hella tasty.



The mango filling inside the roll was glorious. It went perfect with the cake, which didn't have much taste to it because the mango filling was the one with all the flavor, to balance it all out.



This is the salted caramel french toast! At this point I was really full but I still got to eat this. It was also delicious, as almost all salted caramel things of the world are, but I preferred the sakura mango roll!



Can we talk about this amazing drink now? Okay? Okay! This piece of heaven in a mug is the sakura milkshake, a blessing from the sakura kami himself, I bet. How does it taste like? It's difficult to explain! Normally, the flavor from a cherry blossom would probably taste horrible (you know, since it's a flower!!!1) so Tokyo Bubble Tea concocted their own rendition of the sakura for the drink, a translation of the flower into flavor, if you will.



I'm coming back to Tokyo Bubble Tea for this tonight, actually! Hahaha.
After the food, there was a fun little activity where you can paint cherry blossoms on glasses and it was really fun, even though my glass ended up looking horrible! Here is how it looked like:



It's hilarious and I love it and I'm using it as a bookend right now!



This is me and my sisters again (I'm the one in blue!) outside the building.
It was a super nice event and the people there were super nice as well, so thanks very much, Tokyo Bubble Tea!


Photos by Via

No comments:

Post a Comment